Join the PTA
The PTA meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 pm. Childcare is provided.
Membership costs $20 per family and helps support school activities. You may pay by cash or check, and several generous supporters have offered to sponsor families; please email Amidon-Bowen if you are interested in learning more.
Participate on a PTA Committee
This year we are trying out a committee structure to encourage more parent and staff participation. We welcome everyone’s talents and ideas, and want you to get involved. Please email Amidon-Bowen or attend a PTA meeting if you are interested in serving on any of these committees:
- Fundraising Committee (solicits donations from local businesses, writes grants, plans annual fundraising campaign)
- Special Events Committee (coordinates with school staff to plan special events throughout the year)
- Communication/Outreach Committee (manages website, email lists, marketing, recruitment events, and community outreach)
- School Spirit Committee (plans staff appreciation events, sells school gear, volunteers at sporting events)
- Caring/Support Committee (helps families who face extreme hardship and unexpected challenges, organizes school volunteers)
- Advocacy Committee (advocates for needed resources in the neighborhood and beyond)
You can find minutes from PTA meetings here: PTA Minutes.