Join the PTA
The primary purpose of the PTA is to support the school through parent and community engagement. The PTA is for everyone. Becoming a member is a simple 3 step process:
- 1. Pay annual dues. Dues are pay-what-you-can from $1-$20 per family. Payment can be made to our treasurer by cash or check at a PTA meeting or you can pay annual dues online now.
- 2. Complete the ABES PTA Membership Form.
- 3. Make a commitment to volunteer and engage with the school at any capacity you are able.
The PTA meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 PM in the school’s library. Food and childcare are provided. Email Amidon-Bowen if you are interested in learning more.
Support School Events
Teachers need help planning and executing school events. Sign up to support a school event HERE.
Participate on a PTA Committee
We are trying out a committee structure to encourage more parent and staff participation. We welcome everyone’s talents and ideas, and want you to get involved. Please email Amidon-Bowen or attend a PTA meeting if you are interested in serving on any of these committees:
- Advocacy Committee: Provides representation in community; encourages action to strengthen partnerships and capital improvement.
- Caring & Support Committee: Coordinates school volunteers and responds to urgent situations affecting ABES families to help provide meals and other support in time of need.
- Communications Committee: Facilitates internal and external communications about school events and achievements.
- Fundraising Committee: Identifies and implements opportunities to raise money and solicit in-kind donations to enhance school programs and operations.
- Inclusion Committee: Ensures that all school events are inclusive for all students.
- Special Events Committee: Plans and executes school social events including dances and works with school staff to provide PTA support to school-wide events such as Literacy Night, STEM night, etc.
- School Spirit Committee: Promotes school pride at athletic and other events; organizes Spirit Week, Teacher Appreciation Week, etc.
The PTA Board for the 2017-18 school year is:
- President Betsy Wolf
- Vice President Dionna Howard
- Treasurer Martin Welles
- Secretary Diana Aram
- Principal TaMikka Sykes
- Community Member Bruce DarConte
- Teacher Representative Rachel Terlop
You can find minutes from PTA meetings here: PTA Minutes.