Join the PTA
- The primary purpose of the PTA is to support the school. The PTA is for everyone, even if you can’t attend the PTA meetings and even if you don’t have time to volunteer during the school day.
- The PTA meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 PM in the school’s library. Food and childcare are provided.
- Membership dues are $20 per family and help support school activities. You may pay by cash or check, and several generous supporters have offered to sponsor families.
- Email Amidon-Bowen if you are interested in learning more.
Support School Events
Teachers need help planning and executing school events. Sign up to support a school event HERE.
Participate on a PTA Committee
We are trying out a committee structure to encourage more parent and staff participation. We welcome everyone’s talents and ideas, and want you to get involved. Please email Amidon-Bowen or attend a PTA meeting if you are interested in serving on any of these committees:
- Advocacy Committee: Provides representation in community; encourages action to strengthen partnerships and capital improvement.
- Caring & Support Committee: Coordinates school volunteers and responds to urgent situations affecting ABES families to help provide meals and other support in time of need.
- Communications Committee: Facilitates internal and external communications about school events and achievements.
- Fundraising Committee: Identifies and implements opportunities to raise money and solicit in-kind donations to enhance school programs and operations.
- Inclusion Committee: Ensures that all school events are inclusive for all students.
- Special Events Committee: Plans and executes school social events including dances and works with school staff to provide PTA support to school-wide events such as Literacy Night, STEM night, etc.
- School Spirit Committee: Promotes school pride at athletic and other events; organizes Spirit Week, Teacher Appreciation Week, etc.
The PTA Board for the 2017-18 school year is:
- President Betsy Wolf
- Vice President Dionna Howard
- Treasurer Martin Welles
- Secretary Diana Aram
- Principal TaMikka Sykes
- Community Member Bruce DarConte
- Teacher Representative Rachel Terlop
You can find minutes from PTA meetings here: PTA Minutes.