Join the PTA
The PTA meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 PM in the school’s library. Food and childcare are provided.
Membership dues are $20 per family and help support school activities. You may pay by cash or check, and several generous supporters have offered to sponsor families; please email Amidon-Bowen if you are interested in learning more.
Participate on a PTA Committee
We are trying out a committee structure to encourage more parent and staff participation. We welcome everyone’s talents and ideas, and want you to get involved. Please email Amidon-Bowen or attend a PTA meeting if you are interested in serving on any of these committees:
- Advocacy Committee: Provides representation in community; encourages action to strengthen partnerships and capital improvement.
- Caring & Support Committee: Coordinates school volunteers and responds to urgent situations affecting ABES families to help provide meals and other support in time of need.
- Communications Committee: Facilitates internal and external communications about school events and achievements.
- Fundraising Committee: Identifies and implements opportunities to raise money and solicit in-kind donations to enhance school programs and operations.
- Special Events Committee: Plans and executes school social events including dances and works with school staff to provide PTA support to school-wide events such as Literacy Night, STEM night, etc.
- School Spirit Committee: Promotes school pride at athletic and other events; organizes Spirit Week, Teacher Appreciation Week, etc.
The PTA Board for the 2017-18 school year is:
- President Betsy Wolf
- Vice President Dionna Howard
- Treasurer Martin Welles
- Secretary Diana Aram
- Principal TaMikka Sykes
- Community Member Bruce DarConte
- Teacher Representative Rachel Terlop
You can find minutes from PTA meetings here: PTA Minutes.